2015 Hama offensive
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
- For the 2012, 2013 and 2014 Hama offensive, see 2012 Hama offensive, 2013 Hama offensive, 2014 Hama offensive. For clashes of 2011, See Siege of Hama (2011)
|2015 Hama offensive|
|Part of the Syrian Civil War|
Map of Syria with Hama highlighted
|Casualties and losses|
|38+ killed||9+ killed|
The Jund al-Aqsa rebel group initiated a large-scale offensive in the northern part of Hama province on 28 November 2015. The initial aim of the operation was to capture the Alawite village of Ma'an. Over the next two days, their assault at Ma’an, as well against the other surrounding villages, was repelled. A few days later, on 2 December, the Army of Conquest Islamist rebel coalition launched a new assault towards Ma’an, but their attack was reportedly disrupted after they were ambushed at the Morek Hills by the 87th Brigade of the 11th Tank Division.
On 3 December, fighting took place in the Al-Ghaab plains of Hama province, at al-Mansoura, al-Qahira and Tal Zajram, while Army bombardment was reported at Tal Wasit, al-Enkaw and al-Manara. The military reportedly secured the southern entrance of the hilltop village of Tal Zajram.
On 13 December, Jund al-Aqsa renewed their offensive, attacking Ma’sasineh, Al-Buwaydah and Markabat. The following day, the rebels seized the villages of Al-Buwaydah and Ma’sasineh, as well as the Al-Zulaqiyat and Zalin checkpoints ("Jabal ash-Shir"). However, following the arrival of military reinforcements, the Army recaptured both villages and the Zalin checkpoint, with the rebel offensive stalling thereafter. The fighting left 22 rebels, including six foreigners, and nine soldiers dead.
- Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi (3 July 2016). "Quwat al-Ghadab: A Pro-Assad Christian Militia in Suqaylabiyah". Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi (3 January 2016). "The Syrian National Resistance: Liwa Khaybar". Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Leith Fadel. "Jund Al-Aqsa Launches a Large-Scale Offensive in Northern Hama". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- jack. "Advances for regime forces in Hama countryside". Syrian Observatory For Human Rights. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Leith Fadel. "Syrian Armed Forces Recapture Several Points in Northern Hama as the Jund Al-Aqsa Offensive Ends in Disaster". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Syrian troops recaptured Tell Huwayr
- Leith Fadel. "Jaysh Al-Fateh Ambushed En Route to Ma'an in Northern Hama: 16 Killed and 2 Tanks Lost". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- jack. "Clashes in Hama countryside". Syrian Observatory For Human Rights. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Leith Fadel. "Syrian Army Advances Under Russian Air Cover in the Al-Ghaab Plains". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Leith Fadel. "Jund Al-Aqsa Renews Massive Offensive in Northern Hama". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Leith Fadel. "Massive Islamist Offensive in Northern Hama Stalls as the Syrian Army Counters". Al-Masdar News. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Edward. "Renewed clashes in the vicinity of Talbiseh and the regime forces advance again in the northern countryside of Hama". Syrian Observatory For Human Rights. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Local Coordination Committees of Syrıa 14-12-2015
- Syrian Army Seizes Strategic Hilltop Overlooking Morek in Northern Hama