From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Turkish Presidential Spokesperson|
|Assumed office |
December 11, 2014
|President||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
|Born||September 15, 1971|
|Political party||Justice and Development Party|
|Alma mater||Istanbul University|
İbrahim Kalın (born September 15, 1971) is a Turkish bureaucrat and Islamic studies scholar. Ambassador Kalin currently serves as the presidential spokesperson of Turkish Presidency. In 2018 he was appointed as deputy chairman of the Security and Foreign Policy Council of Turkish Presidency and chief adviser to the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.  He currently serves as the presidential spokesperson and special adviser to the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
Kalın received his B.A. from the University of Istanbul and Ph.D. from George Washington University. From 2002 to 2005 he was a faculty member at the Department of Religious Studies at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.  He is a founding member and former director (2005–2009) of the SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research based in Ankara, Turkey.
His interviews and columns have appeared in the Guardian, Financial Times, Washington Post, New York Times, CNN, al-Sharq al-Awsat, al-Ahram, al-Jazeera Network, al-Arabiyya and Daily Sabah
He became the first coordinator of the Prime Ministry Public Diplomacy Coordinatorship established in January 2010. In 2012, he became Deputy Undersecretary of the Prime Ministry. On December 11, 2014, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced that İbrahim Kalın would be the first official Turkish Presidential Press Secretary. In November 2018 he was appointed as Chief Adviser to Erdogan.
- As author
- Knowledge as Light. Critical Remarks on M. Hairi Yazdi's Principles of Epistemology in Islamic Philosophy: Knowledge by Presence. In: American Journal of Islamic and Social Sciences. Vol. 16 (1999), pp. 85–97 (online).
- Islam and the West, 2007 (2007 Writers Association of Turkey award for best book)
- Knowledge in later Islamic philosophy. Mullā Ṣadrā on existence, intellect, and intuition. Oxford University Press, Oxford 2010.
- Islam in Turkey. Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. Oxford University Press, Oxford 2010.
- As editor
- with John L. Esposito: The 500 Most Influential Muslims annual, Amman, Jordan: Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre, 1st edition, 2009.
- with John L. Esposito: Islamophobia. The Challenge of Pluralism in the 21st Century. Oxford University Press, Oxford 2011.
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Science, and Technology in Islam, Oxford University Press, 2014.
- As contributor
- MacMillan Encyclopedia of Philosophy 2nd Edition
- MacMillan Encyclopedia of Religion 2nd Edition
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World
- "İbrahim Kalın kimdir?" [Who is İbrahim Kalın?] (in Turkish). Habertürk. 28 March 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- researchcentre.trtworld.com https://researchcentre.trtworld.com/speakers/speaker-bio/ibrahim-kalin-cv. Missing or empty
- Bio at Oxford Islamic Studies
- Bio on the Georgetown University website
- University, Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs at Georgetown. "Ibrahim Kalin". berkleycenter.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- "Turkey appoints new ambassadors, chief advisers - Turkey News". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- Yavuz Bingöl ve İbrahim Kalın - Melullenme Deli Gönül - TRT Avaz, retrieved 2020-05-22
- "Book lists '500 Most Influential Muslims': Top 20 inclusions seem to be less convincing and dictated". Islamic Voice. December 2009. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
8.^İbrahim Kalın discusses the possibilities in the World after the Coronavirus PandemicYoutube Apr 2020 Retrieved May 2020
|Preceded by |
| Turkish Presidential Press Secretary |